MOP Date Announced!
Just in case you haven’t heard, World of Warcraft’s “Mists of Panderia” has announced a release date of September 25th, 2012. This is the kind of news that happens while I’m sleeping or trying to get to work in the morning, apparently, so there’s not much of a chance for me to write a post on the bleeding edge here. I’m sure you’ve heard already, but now I don’t have to feel like I’m hiding information from you.
As you may have noticed, things have been really quiet around this blog lately – that’s due to a couple of reasons. The first is that I’m looking to leave my job of 11 years and start a new company. When I do have some time to myself, I’m usually doing research, or talking to the new business partners, or busy stressing out about what I’m about to do to myself and my family.
Secondly, when I am gaming these days, I’m just playing catch-up. My “guild” is basically a few real life friends, and they migrate from game to game as they collectively agree on what to do next. Their current obsession is SW:TOR. I’m trying, but I just don’t like it. The storyline is irksome, it’s always serious, and as noted in another post, the overall timing of the game isn’t very conducive to how often I get to play. My guildies have been level 50 (the max level) for months now, I’m still lagging behind at a lowly level 32 on my main, and haven’t even dared roll an alt yet. I’m sure there’s a SW:TOR post-mortem coming from me. In Diablo, I play intensely for about an hour at a time, but I’m still in normal mode at the start of Act III, so I don’t feel like there’s much I can add to the conversations on it at the moment. You kill stuff, it’s fun, then you hit a wall and go to the auction house. Not much to talk about, really. When it’s not seeming fun, don’t play it. Easy enough!
With MOP’s date announced, I’m now interested in getting back into WoW, but I’m pretty sure I’m going to have to be reasonably paced with it. The new business is definitely taking a lot of my spare cycles, so there isn’t much time.
There’s a few things I want to get done before the expansion lands:
- Review all of the new skills for my main – this will certainly take a while, and probably generate a post or two.
- Map out the best allocation of keybindings and macros so I can play easily. I’ll try to share my thoughts on this process, but that could be really lengthy.
- Get re-accustomed to tanking, which will probably have to be on the Beta so my muscle-memory gets attached to the new skills/rotations.
- As for live, I just want to clear out my inventory – I usually stockpile hordes of crap for no good reason. As a druid, I’m actually maintaining gear for any spec possible, which all just sits in my bank. Making money would be a good idea, learning as many of the remaining glyphs for Inscription would probably help, although I’m a little afraid Scribes are getting one of those “consolation gifts” of a couple pieces of gold for your previously useful, hard-earned abilities. You know, like when they took keys out of the game – you made a couple gold, but some of those you were very proud of!
- Get that T13 hat to drop, but in my case that means dealing with LFR, which I couldn’t care less about at this point.
So, there’s a lot to do these days, both in-game and out.